Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Appetite for Destruction

Chris "Lefty" Brown gives praise to Guns & Roses' Appetite for Destruction:

...I love every song on this album. The weakest song that I still like is Anything Goes, and that's track 11. My favorite song is probably Sweet Child O'Mine, because of that legendary guitar intro that is forever burned into my head. It reminds me a little of the twin guitars during the Allman Brothers' Jessica only it's dripped in sex and booze of the Sunset Strip. It's hard-wired in my noggin and no amount of sugary pop songs, hip-hop, disco, or Robbie Williams will dislodge it. And I thank God for that every day.


Appetite was the CD we put on during late-night tech calls at the theatre in college when we were out of pizza and everyone's energy was starting to flag and we still had major work to do ahead of us. To this day, if I hear the opening to "Sweet Child O'Mine," I feel like I'm 19 again.

For about half an hour.

Then I get tired again.

Aging sucks.

No comments: