Friday, August 18, 2006

SNAKES ON A PLANE!

How awesome was SNAKES ON A PLANE, which I just saw on the biggest motherfucking movie screen in Minnesota? So awesome my iPod knew how awesome the movie was. On the way, set to random, it played the following as a warmup to the movie:

  • Are You Ready to be Heartbroken? - Sandie Shaw
  • Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses
  • Queen Bitch - David Bowie
  • Angel of Harlem - U2
  • Making Time - Creation
  • Walls Come Tumbling Down - The Jam
  • Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen


You're probably reading this and thinking to yourself, "Wow, if I ever got such an awesome string of songs in a row from my iPod, I wonder how long it would take until I got another set of songs that even came close to surpassing its awesomeness?"

In my case?

RIGHT AFTER THE MOVIE.

Coming home, driving 75 miles an hour down an empty highway with the window down and the volume way up, I was treated to this agglomeration of music:

  • Can't Get Enough of Your Love, Babe - Barry White
  • Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses (That's right, the most awesome song in the universe TWICE!)
  • (Don't Fear) the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
  • Sweet Talkin' Woman - ELO
  • Goodbye Stranger - Supertramp
  • R.A.M.O.N.E.S. - The Ramones


How do you know when a movie is that than which no other movie may be more awesome?

When it's called SNAKES ON A PLANE, that's when.

No comments: