Friday, October 03, 2008

Overcoached

Everyone probably has their own Sarah Palin debate WTF moment. Mine was her list of people supporting McCain -- Lieberman, Giuliani, Romney, Lingle. That's exactly what she said, those last names, without first names or any sort of context or story behind them. People probably know who Lieberman is, and most folks know Giuliani. Nobody knows Romney unless they were really paying attention to the primary campaign that he left in, what, February? And Lingle? Who the hell is Lingle? I am as hardcore a campaign junkie as you will find and it took me a minute to realize she meant Linda Lingle, the Governor of Hawaii, and not my undergrad political parties professor (who I can't imagine would be supporting McCain).

I almost wonder if she knew who she was talking about.

No comments: