Sunday, September 12, 2004

I'm surprised I have to explain this

The new Justice League Unlimited series has been a hoot, with its increased cast of characters, short-form storytelling, and a slowly emerging season-long storyarc. As with any such endeavor, of course, there are nitpicking fanboys picking nits. Two in particular demand a response, even if that response is so obvious that I'm surprised I have to explain this.

  1. The Question's depiction as a conspiracy theorist in "Fearful Symmetry" in no way, shape, or form diminished or insulted the character or his creator, Steve Ditko, because the Question is right about everything. That doesn't make him a nut, that makes him the smartest (or at least most perceptive) guy in the room.
  2. The reason J'Onn J'Onzz included Vibe on the mission team before Booster Gold was to show the audience how apprehensive J'Onn was about Booster's abilities as a hero. That wasn't the writers insulting Booster, that was J'Onn using shorthand to show his exasperation with Booster's quest for fame and fortune through super-heroics.

Like I said, I'm surprised I have to explain this.

No comments: