Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Autographic D'Onofrio

Vincent D'Onofrio on giving autographs:

You just have to know that when you go outside you have to sign autographs. You just have to be ready to go around the corner to buy some milk and sign an autograph or two on the way and on the way back. You just have to prepare yourself for it. And I do it. It's OK with me. I've never, ever turned one down. Gregory Hines taught me to be graceful about it, that it's really important. When you do theater, people get to stand up and clap at the end. But when you do film and TV, they don't get to do that. So people come up to you on the street. That's all they're doing, applauding you.


As I said, I've never thought of it that way before, but reading it makes it seem thunderingly obvious.

No comments: