Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Redeemed!

I'm always vaguely embarrassed by the fact that I watch Hell's Kitchen; it's not very good, it's so overblown you can cut about ten minutes from each episode just by forwarding through the recaps and credits; and the whole thing is so forgettable that I forget what's happened in each episode about two minutes after it ends. Last summer, She Who Must Be Obeyed and I agreed that the show would probably drop off our schedules once the baby arrived. But when it popped up on our scheduled recordings list last week we decided we'd watch the first episode at least.

And we were rewarded in our faith, for Chef Ramsey hath delivered unto us the kind of thing that keeps me watching stupid reality shows. For one of the contestants, when charged with whipping up his signature dish, created something he calls "Hen in a Pumpkin."

Hen.

In.

A.

Pumpkin.

I imagine it would go well with bacon on a cat.

2 comments:

De said...

So the contestant put a chicken inside a pumpkin? That's pretty weird. Not quite bacon-on-a-cat weird though.

Matter-Eater Lad said...

Not a chicken. A HEN. A hen in a pumpkin!