Monday, October 06, 2003

Hit and Run reports that Rep. Patrick Kennedy is criticizing Howard Dean for his pro-gun stance, but misses a big howler in the original report of Kennedy's statement:


    "This is a personal issue with me, and I'm very disturbed at the fact that people are not paying attention to Dr. Dean's record" on guns, said Kennedy, nephew of President John F. Kennedy and his brother Robert, both of whom were assassinated by guns.


I'm no NRA member, but I seem to remember two fellas named Oswald and Sirhan doing the assassinating in those cases. I hasten to point out that it's not Rep. Kennedy but the Washington Post's Helen Dewar making the claim that guns and, apparently, guns alone killed John and Robert Kennedy. Perhaps it's just a case of tortured-by-deadline syntax, but someone should have caught this.

No comments: