Monday, June 21, 2004

Jeff Jarvis gives praise to Ikea:
    I have a strange thing for Ikea; have since I first walked into its pine-sawdust-scented space. It's the perfect store for the unhandy handyman, that's me. It's a store that makes a social statement: Poor young people need to sit, too. I bragged for years that I got an entire dining room set in the back of my Honda Civic hatchback; it's a damned engineering marvel. And the meatballs are good.

    It's so crazed that my wife and I actually went to vacation in Sweden because we (I) liked Ikea so much: Any country that can create this must be worth visiting, I said. And it was worth visiting: A country with the culture of Europe and the convenience of America with beautiful women (they really) where everyone speaks better English than anyone in America.


Ikea finally opens up here in Minnesota in just under a month, and it's about damn time; we've got an empty house to furnish, dammit.

No comments: