Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Priceline.com's Shatner & Nimoy ads make Priest wax nostalgic, and it's hard not to agree:

    Every time I see the two of them, still fairly vital and mobile, I think how much it must annoy Berman that he has tanked the Trek franchise ("Nemesis" grossed the least of any Trek film, including Shatner's still-born "Final Frontier") and yet these two guys, whom he gave the boot to 13 years too soon, are still walking around.
    [...]
    Not sure if Shatner and Nimoy are indeed having the last laugh, but surely, I hope they are laughing. As old and fat as everybody is, if Paramount (Berman) has the guts to cast them in a new feature and bring back Bennett and (the guy whose name I can't remember), I guarantee lines around the block for it. Corny? Past it's prime? You bet. But, after 5 years of lame movies and TV shows, what I wouldn't give for Shatner to have one more ride in the captain;'s chair.

No comments: